Dog Friendly Parks & Beaches
Off Leash and On Leash Dog friendly parks and beaches on Bribie Island.
- In the enclosed area marked by official signs forming part of Cosmos Park on the corner of Sunderland Drive and Cosmos Avenue, Bribie Island behind the Croquet Club.
- On the beach from Red Beach car park around to Woody Bay, Woorim, Bribie Island.
- On the beach from Woody Bay to the pathway opposite the Koolamara at the corner of Lowry and Benelong Streets, Woorim, Bribie Island.
- The entrance to Woorim Beach, Bribie Island from the entrance at the northern end of North Street northwards to the 4WD access track.
- The beach north of Boronia Drive to the end of Sylvan Beach Esplanade, Bribie Island.
Dog Waste Bins
- Woorim, 8th Avenue, car park walkway to the beach.
- Woorim, Park in Bennelong Street.
- Woorim, Skirmish Point car park.
- Bongaree, Red Beach car park.
- Bongaree, South Esplanade.
- Bongaree, Welsby Parade south of Aeroplane Park.
- Bongaree, Welsby Parade near bus shelter.
- Bellara Sylvan Beach Esplanade Park, near boat ramp.
- Bellara Sylvan Beach Esplanade Park, near Boronia Drive.
- Banksia Beach, Cosmos Park, Sunderland Drive behind the Croquet Club.
- Banksia Beach, Solander Esplanade, Col Fisher Park.
Rules for Using Off Leash Areas
- Be a competent person 16 years of age or over.
- Be able to control the dog (by voice command or other means).
- Remove and place dog faeces in a suitable bag and dispose of in an appropriate waste bin.
- Dogs are prohibited from conservation parks, sports fields, reserves and foreshores unless designated as a dog exercise area.
- Dogs are prohibited from being within 15 metres of any childrens’ playground at all times.
NOTE: The owner of a dog is legally responsible if the dog attacks a person or animal. Please contact your local council or RSPCA for further details on dog restrictions.
This is a guide only. For more information on rules for Off Leash areas for dogs phone Moreton Bay Regional Council on 07 3205 0555.