This week officers from Bribie Island breath tested 301 drivers, however no drink drivers were detected which was an excellent result. Drug driving detections have continued, and more activities are planned for the coming weeks. 20 drivers were issued infringement notices this week, mainly for speeding.
Police attended 11 domestic violence incidents during the week, and also fielded many enquiries about this important issue at the stations counter. Help is available for victims of domestic violence, and Police encourage anyone who would like more information about what assistance is available, to contact the station. Please do not hesitate to contact the station, or by 000 if necessary, if a domestic violence incident is occurring in your neighbourhood. Please don’t assume someone else has called. You may always remain anonymous if you choose.
On Sunday, a 2011 Swag camper trailer QLD registration DE5839 was stolen from Carpenter Way, Sandstone Point. Although the trailer was secured, it was still stolen from the front yard of a residence. This isn’t an uncommon offence, and the trailers are often modified and on sold. Please be alert to the security of your boat trailers, trailers and camper trailers, particularly if they are readily accessible from yards.
Sunday October 18
1. A 35-year-old Bongaree man and a 33-year-old Bongaree woman were both charged with possessing dangerous drugs and drug utensils at Bongaree.
Monday October 19
1. A 33-year-old Banksia Beach man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs at Banksia Beach.
Tuesday October 20
1. A 16-year-old Mt Isa youth was charged with unlicensed driving at Ningi.
2. A 38-year-old Bongaree woman was charged with unlicensed driving at Banksia Beach.
3. A 67-year-old man and a 75-year-old man both from Banksia Beach were charged with public nuisance at Banksia Beach.
4. A 50-year-old Maroochydore man was charged with unlicensed driving at Bellara.
5. A 46-year-old Bellara man was charged with failing to dispose of a syringe at Bellara.
Thursday October 22
1. A 43-year-old Woorim woman was charged with driving whilst unlicensed at Woorim.
2. A 20-year-old Bankisa Beach man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs and drug utensils at Woorim.
Friday October 23
1. A 22-year-old Bongaree man was charged with unlicensed driving at Bongaree.
2. A 23-year-old Ningi woman was charged with driving an unregistered and uninsured vehicle at Ningi.
3. A 44-year-old Ningi man tested positive at a roadside drug driving test at Ningi.
4. A 29-year-old Morayfield man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs at Woorim.
5. A 20-year-old Donnybrook man was given a move on direction from the Sandstone Point Hotel.