Bribie Island officers were called to several burglary offences during the week, together with a number of stealing matters. Please take the time to secure garden sheds and garages when unattended, as these are often targetted by offenders. Officers were also required to attend a suspicious grass fire at Bora Place Ningi. Although the fire was safely extinguished by the fire service, I’d ask that residents be alert to any suspicious activity in the area.
Several search warrants were also executed this week in connection with drug offences. I would ask that the community continues to be alert to drug related activity in the area, and to advise Crime Stoppers or the station of any concerns. You may always remain anonymous.
Bribie Island Police were also called to eight domestic violence incidents during the week. Domestic violence is a serious issue for our community. If you or someone you know needs assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the station or call 000 if necessary. Help is available.
119 drivers were breath tested this week, and 22 fined. Several of those offences were for learner and provisional driver offences, and I’d remind all young drivers to abide by the conditions of their licences.
A number of people were arrested and charged with a range of offences last week, including:-
1. A 45 year old Ningi woman was arrested on a warrant.
2. A 32 year old Banksia Beach man was charged with breaching bail conditions.
1. A 35 year old Ningi woman was charged with possessing dangerous drugs and drug utensils after a search warrant was executed at Sandstone Point.
1. A 34 year old Kallangur woman was charged with unlicensed driving at Sandstone Point.
2. A 31 year old Kallangur man was charged with possessing drug utensils at Sandstone Point.
3. A 19 year old Kingaroy man and a 28 year old Bellmere man were both charged with possessing dangerous drugs after a search warrant was executed at Bongaree.
4. A 41 year old Ningi man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs after a search warrant was executed at Ningi.
5. A 41 year old Kingston man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs at Bongaree.
1. A 34 year old Bellara woman was arrested on a warrant.
1. A 18 year old Elimbah man was charged with public urination at the Sandstone Point Hotel.
2. A 29 year old Caboolture man was charged with driving an illegally modified vehicle at Ningi.
3. A 22 year old Banksia Beach man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs at Sandstone Point.
1. A 46 year old Ipswich man was charged with possessing dangerous drugs at Sandstone Point.